BIENVENIDO AL EQUIPO
We believe it takes a village to raise a child, and we are thrilled to add you to the tribe. The tribe of educators, trusted caregivers, and committed teachers that parents lean on daily to love and guide their child. As a small, family-owned business, we are incredibly grateful to do what we love. It’s your support, every day, that allows us to provide a warm and loving community for hundreds of kiddos, so thank you in advance, from the bottom of our hearts for caring, loving, teaching, and guiding our children.
At Tiny Hearts, we want you to have a smooth transition as you begin your career as a teacher. For this reason, we have dedicated this page to helping you step-by-step with everything you need to complete within your first two weeks and 30 days of employment. Read below for more information as you begin your journey!
Working with children is a rewarding responsibility that we take very seriously. Teachers must complete the following requirements prior to the first day of work. Failure to do so will result in less work hours until completed.
1. Review, sign, and complete employment packet
2. Download mobile application, WhatsApp for THA announcements, schedules, and other communication
3. Complete Criminal History Check and submit fingerprints from local police station
5. Physical performed by physician
6. Lead Teachers - Submit certifications, transcripts, and teacher biography with this information
7. Read and acknowledge Employment Handbook - be sure to review the following sections: 2.6, 2.15, 3.6, 4.1, 6.16, and 7
Research has shown that formal education or training of childcare providers is the greatest determinant of safe and quality programming for children. As such, the following trainings must be complete prior to the teacher's first day in a classroom.
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) (please review)
Infant Safe Sleep*
Prevention of Shaken Baby Trauma*
Recognition and Reporting of Child Abuse and Neglect*
Introduction to the Early Intervention and Preschool Special Education Programs*
Recognizing the Impact of Bias on early Childhood Professionals*
Introduction to First Aid and CPR* or CPR/First Aid (see list of approved training vendors)
Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Multihazard Planning for Childcare Training
Register for login credentials on the SID website
*These trainings can be found on Colorado Shines PDIS. Please create an account, complete all trainings and provide certificates to management
Select "Go to Learning" button
Type in the name of the courses above with an * to the search bar at the top to find the classes needed
Use the drop down menu on the right side of the page to either "save for later" or "open curriculum"
All "saved for later" classes will be saved at the bottom of your learning page for future reference
1. Hands-on training in classroom(s)
2. Paired with a Teacher in each class for one-on-one training
3. Review classroom cleaning checklist
4. Understand opening and closing procedures
5. Understand child reporting procedures and update "Daily Reports" on white board and daily